Thursday, February 9, 2012

Medal of Honor

I've been playing Medal of Honor for the last week or so as a rental.  It plays relatively easy on the Hard setting, which is good for me because I'm not that great at single player, and it's annoying to keep starting over and over again when you die.  The AI is somewhat "dumb", in some places if you have five opponents they will come at you sequentially instead of simultaneously like in Call of Duty single player.  Makes it pretty easy to pick them off one at a time.  If you do get caught in the open however, rest assured they still damage your character quite quickly.

Good graphics, the story is special forces moving in Afghanistan starting on or near September 11, 2001.  It has a good take on the targeting sequences, like when you control a "target marker" and you mark enemies and you can follow the path of the bombs as they make their way to the target.  The AC-130 sequences are a different take as well, very fun, and I love the sounds they put in when it attacks, if I were the Taliban I would be soiling my drawers!

The multiplayer plays like Battlefield to me, it does use a Frostbite engine and is similar to the Battlefield 3 experience.  Not many people playing it.  You can grab a few gamer score points for multiplayer as well.

I am definitely having a good time with this game, it may not be as realistic as every other game (it's a game) but it is a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment